Do single girls have more fun?
I can’t answer that question. I don’t know why I asked it. But I can tell you, I was at P.A.W.S. Animal Adoption Center in Camden playing with the cats last weekend because my Little sister likes them. I don’t even like cats. But then I saw this one cat, and, no lie, I almost adopted it right then. Annnd, I’m single.
And then this morning, I was at Zoot getting some coffee, and I noticed the cups…
Let’s just say I’m feelin’ a latte like the little cup lately.
OK, OK. Patience is a virtue. Apparently, some of us are not virtuous. JK JK! You’re all fabulous. But, if you’re eager to know what’s happening this weekend, you don’t have to be patient any longer, here’s what’s coming our way!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- The Postman Cometh plays live music to accompany dinner at The Speakeasy, 8-10 p.m.
- Makeup Party at RHEAL Day Spa from 5-7:30 p.m. Prepare to be spoiled – drinks & nibbles from In Good Company. Last time I went to one of their events I had a great time. It’s a lovely shop. For Rheal. :) But seriously, if you’ve never been in, I highly recommend dropping by to see what you’re missing. Try to get there early. There will be a wait to sample different services. But of course, mingling and exploring the spa with wine & snacks isn’t a bad way to spend the afternoon while you wait to sample their lovely products. Enjoy!
- King Eider’s has entertainment in the Pub 7 -9 p.m., Mug Club and Wine Club. Eider gone last week, but I couldn’t make it.
- Savory Maine in Damariscotta has Brian Cullen playing live music 6-8 p.m.
- Free pool at TOP
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Always fun!
- Celtic Band Jam, Thursdays, Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day - $1 PBRs & $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches
- Live music by Paul Mellyn at Newcastle Publick House and $6 Martini special, $3 Wine special.
- Monstweag Roadhouse: Live Music and Half Price Bottles of Wine
- Open Mic @ Highlands Coffee House! 6-9 p.m. Get there at 5:30 pm to sign up to play.
- In Good Company has another Food Journey for you. $30 per person. It’s Ethiopian food this time. Too cool! Here’s this week’s menu:
Sambusas – Fried Lamb Turnovers
Kochkocha – A type of Salsa Verde
Butecha – Chick Pea Polenta Salad
Yemesir- Lentil Wat
Fiyyel Wat – Goat Stew
Gomen – Collards
Kitfo – Beef Tartar
Ayib – Cooling Cheese
Friday, April 11, 2014
- Yappy Hour at In Good Company 4:30-6 p.m.
- Smokestack has a DJ starting at 9 p.m., no cover. $3 Cosmo and Martinis, $4 Sex on The Beach.
- Pecha Kucha @ Watts Hall, Thomaston (right on Main St.). 20 images x 20 seconds each & the artist talks about their work. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. It begins at 7 p.m., light snacks, $5.
- Food & Farm Film Fest at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen above Rising Tide in Damariscotta. More info here. 7pm. This week’s documentary is: Vegucated. Watch as three meat eaters see what life is like as vegans. Take a date. You’ll have fun. Even if you’ve never met herbivore.
- Karaoke at the Myrtle St Tavern, 9 p.m., 21+. Go belt it out!!!
- Open Mic at the Time Out downstairs.
- The Wayne Delano Quartet will be jazzin’ up The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. No cover.
- The annual Poets & Fools Costume Ball at Waterfall Arts, Belfast. The band is Merther from Blue Hill. They’ll be doing some psychedelic dub funk jams. (Click the link and you can listen to some funk songs on their facebook). Doors at 6. $8. Costumes!!
- Savory Maine has live music 6-8 p.m.
- Raggaefest at Sugarloaf this weekend.
- Phil Clement playing music at the Whale’s Tooth Pub and Restaurant.
- Trackside Station has a costumer appreciation happy hour from 4:30 -7 p.m. They are celebrating their 5th anniversary this weekend. There’s free food and they give out prizes. I never win though But generally whoever I go to the event with wins something. T-Shirts, beer promo stuff, etc. It’s fun. This time they say they will have some Boston Red Sox items to giveaway and cupcakes from Laugh Loud Smile Big, which I can tell you, are A-maaazing.
- Roundtop Coffee House & Open Mic The Damariscotta River Association Round Top Coffee House open mic invites musicians, singers, poets and other performers to sign up and take the stage. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The open mic is 6:45 to 8:15 with 8 minute two song slots. with a 15-minute break before the feature act from 8:30 to 9:30. Gunther Brown is the main act. He’ll be performing original songs that have a mellow sing/songwriter feel and a fun Americana/folk feel that’ll get ya moving. Admission is $6 or bring home-baked goods for free admission. Event is at DRA’s Round Top Farm, 3 Round Top Lane in Damariscotta. I love this venue. Give the band a listen on spotify or on their facebook player. I definitely highly recommend this event!
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Touch-a-Train Open House, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Rockland train station, 4 Union St. Touch vintage rolling stock (aka trains). Free, but donations for the restoration of the old trains gladly taken. April 12 is also Train Day at Owls Head Transportation Museum, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., with a talk by Russ Barber on “Steam and High Speed Rail in China Today.” at 1 p.m. Free.
- Rock City Café hosts Scotty Saints live music 5-7 p.m.
- Wine Tasting @ The Wine Seller, Rockland from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- Butcher Demo at Maine Street Meats 3 p.m. free.
- Cappy’s monthly Shipyard Party followed by live music wtih Sam Grinnell! The fun starts with the Shipyard party from 4-6 p.m. There are free munchies, Shipyard giveaways and $1 off Draft Beer!
- Cappy’s has Sam Grinnell playing some tunes for ya in the Captain’s Lounge (upstairs bar), 6-9 p.m. He does some nice acoustic cover songs for you. I liked when he plays Brett Dennen!
- Arborea performs live at Asymmetick Arts, Rockland, starting at 8 p.m. Beautiful, eerie, ethereal vocals & electric guitar with banjo.Very impressive. Rolling Stone ‘Best Under-the-Radar Albums of 2011′ ‘Best Albums of 2013′ Acoustic Guitar Magazine. My recommendation for the night for anyone into music. Give them a listen on their facebook.
- Carolina Chocolate Drops at The Strand, 7:30 p.m. The Grammy-winning string band plays traditional Southern music from the 1920s and ’30s. Tickets are $25.
- DJ at Trackside for their 5th Anniversary Bash. 21+, No cover.
- Group Therapy at Rock Harbor.No, I don’t mean let’s all get a beer and talk about our exes. I mean the group of musicians playing music call themselves Group Therapy. It’s some of the talented folks from the Open Mic bring us some tunes. So stop by to listen to some music, get yourself a beer, and then you can talk about your exes
- The Jim Brown Band will take the stage at Bowen’s Tavern! Classic rock covers.
- DJ at TOP upstairs. No Cover. 21+TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with drink specials & free snacks, and then Karaoke!
- Live music at Myrtle St. Tavern. 21+, $3 cover. It’s Tomorrow Morning! Pop/Rock/reggae. Very fun, very danceable! Check them out on Reverbnation. And then get down to the Myrt, ’cause it’s going to be groovin’.
- The Speakeasy has The Blame Hounds 8-11 p.m., bringing lively blues/rock, country/rock, 21+, no cover. Give them a listen on Reverbnation.
- DJ at Front Street Pub, Belfast 9 p.m. – close.
- Finding Nebo!!
Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Drink Specials at Trackside:
- TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with $5 nachos & $5 Bloody Marys.
- Drink & Draw at The FOG. 7pm. Art materials supplied. Free. Happy Hour prices for drinks and things.
- $.50 Wings at Rollie’s.
- Wing eating contest at Wiscassett General. The contest starts at 6:00 p.m. $5 entry fee. You will have 15 minutes to eat your wings. Winner gets to keep all the entry fee $ annnnd even gets a trophy. Call the store ahead of time to sign up for the contest.
- Live music at Archer’s. Noon-3 p.m. They have glasses of Cellardoor’s wine for $5.
- Sunday Night Salsa, Sundays, 7-8:30 p.m., at Studio RED, which you will find at 143 Rankin St., Rockland. Luckily, for us beginners, there will be some dancing instructions by Nohora Estes and Heuris Matos. FMI: 593-7914
- Sunday—Bloodys, Momosas and Music, Music 1-3 p.m. King Eider’s
- Egg hunt at Willow Bake Shoppe - No not for you, for your kids. Geez. But you can get some donuts while you’re there. 10:15 a.m. Eggs will contain the usual treats, but some will contain special prizes like Donut Ball & Donut vouchers, Kids Shirt, Kids Hat, and a Gift Certificate!
For more event listings and for the lowdown on what’s coming up that you’ll want to get advance tickets for visit: The Lemonade Lowdown!