Three cheers for sunshine! Three Tides for beer! Three days of weekend is not enough! So get out there and enjoy it! Here’s what’s happening in the Midcoast:
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Rock City Café hosts Scotty Saints live music 5-7 p.m.
- Wine Tasting @ The Wine Seller, Rockland from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. They will be pouring (I’ll quote from the pros cause I’m no wino): “A Grüner Veltliner (Grüvie!); a new 90+ wine (California Chard!); a Vino Spumante Rosé; dry Lambrusco for your antipasti; two fab single-vineyard wines from Chile–Pinot Noir and Cab Franc; a luscious, Rhône-style blend from South Africa; and a big, bold Priorat from Spain, of course.” And there will be plenty of delicious snacks! I don’t know about you but I’m tempted by that Pinot Noir!
- Butcher Demo at Maine Street Meats 3 p.m. free. They’re doing the whole pig! It’s cool. You watch as the butcher breaks down the meat into familiar cuts and explains the process. Poor piggy though. Nice gift shop and samples of State of Maine Cheese Co. cheese.
- Cappy’s monthly Shipyard Party followed by live music with Sam Grinnell! The fun starts with the Shipyard party from 4-6 p.m. There are free munchies, Shipyard giveaways and $1 off Draft Beer!
- Cappy’s has Sam Grinnell playing some tunes for ya in the Captain’s Lounge (upstairs bar), 6-9 p.m. He does some nice acoustic cover songs for you. I liked when he plays BrettDennen!
- Arborea performs live at Asymmetick Arts, Rockland, starting at 8 p.m. Beautiful, eerie, ethereal vocals & electric guitar with banjo.Very impressive. Rolling Stone ‘Best Under-the-Radar Albums of 2011′ ‘Best Albums of 2013′ Acoustic Guitar Magazine. My recommendation for the night for anyone into music. Give them a listen on their facebook.
- DJ at Trackside for their 5th Anniversary Bash. 21+, No cover.
- Group Therapy at Rock Harbor.No, I don’t mean let’s all get a beer and talk about our exes. I mean the group of musicians playing music call themselves Group Therapy. It’s some of the talented folks from the Open Mic bringing us some tunes. So stop by to listen to some music, get yourself a beer, and then you can talk about your exes
- The Jim Brown Band will take the stage at Bowen’s Tavern! Classic rock covers.
- DJ at TOP upstairs. No Cover. 21+TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with drink specials & free snacks, and then Karaoke!
- Live music at Myrtle St. Tavern. 21+, $3 cover. It’s Tomorrow Morning! Pop/Rock/reggae. Very fun, very danceable! Check them out on Reverbnation. And then get down to the Myrt, ’cause it’s going to be groovin’.
- The Speakeasy has The Blame Hounds 8-11 p.m., bringing lively blues/rock, country/rock, 21+, no cover. Give them a listen on Reverbnation.
- DJ at Front Street Pub, Belfast 9 p.m. – close.
- Free pool at the Smokestack. And something about sparkles. I forget. Just wear everything sparkly you own. It’ll be good.
For more event listings in the Midcoast and for the lowdown on what’s coming up that you’ll want to get advance tickets for visit: The Lemonade Lowdown!