If you ate too much chocolate this weekend, well suck it up. You made your choices. But lucky for you, we’ve got a lot of music this week so there are plenty of opportunities for you to get out and dance and burn off some of those pesky holiday calories. Also this week, we’ve got Sox takin’ on Yankees. We’ve got Bruins doin’ the play off thang. And we’ve got plenty of neat ways to enjoy your spring break! Woohoo! My top picks: Will Mallett @ the Speakeasy Thursday. Rollie’s Comedy Club Saturday and Cooped Up Music Fest Saturday at Three Tides. But you’re your own person. You can pick what you wanna do. But seriously, you are going to want to be at the Speakeasy. Get the deets for what’s up this week on my blog. Annnd, here’s tonight’s listing so you can go have a Monday Funday!
Monday, April 21
- Open Mic Night at Fog Bar & Cafe starts at 8 p.m. They’ve got happy hour prices all night and plenty of talented musicians to make for a fun evening.
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7pm & Mug night. All you need: a few friends (5 or less per team), a silly team name (for some ideas check here or here (inappropriate content warning!). I’m partial to something like “win, lose or booze” or go for something clever.. Quiztopher Robin? Quizknows? The Wineknows? Ain’t No Party Like a JEO-Pardy! Get your wicked smaht team to the bah before 7 p.m., I recommend going early, but I don’t do that ’cause I’m late to everything. But if you go early and grab some dinner you’re doing good ’cause the prize for top 3 teams is different % off your bill. Doesn’t cost anything to play.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub, 7-10 p.m. Get ready to get down with Johnny Rawls! Cost: $10. $5 Margaritas and $1 tacos. Also downstairs has free pool 6pm – close. & $1 PBRs 6pm on!!
- Trackside Station has happy hour all day!
- Hospitality Industry Night at Comida Latin Kitchen, Camden, 10% off if you work in service industry.
- Mexican Monday at Smokestack – $2 Tacos, $3 Coronas $4 Margaritas
- Montsweag‘s got $5 Burgers and Half Price Bottles of Wine for ya tonight.
- Rollie’s has $1 sliders on Mondays.
- Newcastle Publick House has $5 burger & fries, $2 PBR, $3 wine special.
- Louder Than a Bomb at Colonial Theatre, Belfast. highly recommend you check out the trailer for this one. It’s an award winning documentary about high school slam poetry teams. They are playing it for a fundraiser for Belfast Poetry Festival. Cost is $10. Free for students. Cash bar for those of us who.. no, it’s for all of us. Doors at 6:30, Film starts at 7 p.m.
- And if you’re in Belfast for the film, stop in at La Vida first for Margarita Monday $4 House Margaritas All Day & $3 House Margaritas during Happy Hour 2:30-5:30.
To see what’s happening in the Midcoast during the rest of April Vacation week, head to my blog The Lemonade Lowdown.