I saw this T-shirt the other day. And well, sometimes this is just how I feel:
I didn’t buy the shirt. But I will probably get a glass of wine. Why don’t men come with a Carfax report?
Anywho, hope you all have a chance to get your ya-yas out and enjoy sunshiney spring break. Lots happening in the Midcoast this week and I’ve got the lowdown for ya. Also, if you want the drink discounts/ bar specials, happy hour prices, etc., and other neat info, check out my blog.
Wednesday, April 23
Sox 7 pm.
- Whiskey Tasting and Dinner at the King Eider’s Pub. They are going to talk to you about the history, production, and taste of 6 different whiskeys. $35.00 includes education, tasting, and a light meal. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Seating is limited. Make your reservation by calling King Eider’s Pub 563-6008.
- Burritos As Big As Your HEDDA! Come eat burritos and help raise money to support Hedda while she hobbles around on her crutches and can’t work! $10 suggested donation. Gourmet burrito making buffet! 6-8 p.m.First Universalist Church, 345 Broadway, Rockland.
- Trivia @ The Badger. 7 p.m. Cost: $2 to play. Only two more weeks of Trivia for the season after this one. On Mon. April 28, The Badger will have 5 course beer dinner. Make your reservations! Their food is fabulous. The Badger owners came in to Rock Harbor this week to give their Trivia a try
- Poetry Reading at Rockport Library, 6:30 p.m.
- King Eider’s Pub – “Date Night in Damariscotta” Buy any dinner entrée and add a Lincoln Theater movie ticket for only $5.
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House
- Eric Green is playing at Bowen’s Tavern at 7pm.
Thursday, April 24
Sox at 7 pm.
- Wine Tasting at Vinolio, Belfast 5-7 p.m. Eat More Cheese of Belfast will be supplying the munchies.
- Allagash Release Party @ Rollie’s 6-8 p.m. Love me some Allagash!
- Novel Jazz plays at Skidompha Library in Damariscotta, 7-9:30 p.m. Cost: $14/$12 seniorsw/$6 ages 12-18/under 12 free.
- Bob “Croce” White to Perform at Savory Maine in Damariscotta. He’ll be playing Jim Croce covers and some originals as well.
- Poetry Month Rockland has dozens of Maine poets reading tonight and they will announce the winners of the 2014 Rockland Poetry Contest at Rockland Public Library, 6-8 p.m., free.
- Will Mallett, of The Mallett Brothers Band @ The Speakeasy, 7-10 p.m. $5 cover. SO EXCITED! Be careful, when The Mallett’s played the strand this winter it was sold out show and a lot of people were left wishing they’d gotten their tickets in advance. So, to be safe, call up the speakeasy and make a reservation! For my lowdown on this show & some music vids go here.
- Live Music by Mike Rodrigue and Half Price Bottles of Wine at Montsweag Roadhouse.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBR’s, $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches. Start with dinner and a few $1 pibbers (that’s just how I say PBR… I was sounding it out ) and then head over to:
- Karaoke at Cuzzys!
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House is Tom Rota & Friends. $6 martini special, $3 wine special.
- Open Mic @ Highlands! 6:30-9:30pm. Show up early to sign up to play, or just to get a seat! These are popular. There’s a lot of great talent.
- In Good Company Food Journey is Vietnamese cuisine. $30. Call for reservations. Delicious!
Friday, April 25
Sox at 7 pm
- Karaoke at The Myrtle St. Tavern! Starts at 9 p.m., 21+.
- Trackside has Trivia Night with Heath. Settle in with a few friends and some drinks / dinner and get ready to test your noggin’. Cost: $1 per player.
- Yappy Hour at In Good Company 4:30-6 p.m.
- Smokestack has a DJ Isaac playins summer dance music starting at 9 p.m. for their Spring Beach Party, no cover. Bud Light Girls will have games, prizes and giveaways, and they’ll even have a hula hoop contest. Nothing says summer like hula hooping… ? When you drop a hula hoop do you say “hoops”? like oops…
- All Play Bowling Alley in Waldoboro has galactic bowling 7-11 p.m. on Fridays. It costs $10 per person to bowl as many times as you like and your shoe rental is included in the price. And, if you make a reservation in advance, parties of 4 get a FREE pizza! Yay freebies!! Oh, and they have 3 pool tables, arcades, food and yes, they have beer. Have fun!
- Food & Farm Film Fest at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen above Rising Tide in Damariscotta. More info here. 7pm. This week’s documentary is the next section of Weight of the Nation (click link for trailer).
- Open Mic at the Time Out downstairs.
- Night on the Town w/ Swing & Sway at The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. No cover. Get ready to dance!
- Wine & Photography Opening at Belfast Co-Op. Free wine tasting of and Marty Saccone’s photography exhibit opening, 7 to 9 p.m.
- LE VENT DU NORD Quartet – Live at the Strand Theatre starting at 7 p.m. Cost: $22 advance; $25 at door.
- Electronic Dance Party at The Highland Cafe, Thomaston, starts at 7 p.m. Quantam is the music for the evening.
- K2 Music Folk Night at K2 Music store, Camden, and an opportunity to record yourself playing (contact K2 in advance). Music is 6-8 p.m. These music nights have been a hit! Go join ‘em!
- Midcoast Millenials Mentoring (M3) - M3 is a group to support young adults in the Midcoast area. Mentors include professionals from all different fields. First meeting will be held at University College at Rockland (URock), 91 Camden St., Rockland. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hey, right on. I’m all for mentoring. I think we could all use a mentor (or several) but who thought meeting on a Friday at 5:30-7pm was wise? I guess it’s a ‘If I ran the zoo’ moment.
- Vagina Monologues at the Waldo Theatre Cost: $15. Call 832-6060 to reserve. Show starts at 7:30 and proceeds benefit groups like New Hope for Women.
- Live Music by Barry Arvin Young at Montsweag Roadhouse.
- Boothbay Harbor Fisherman’s Festival this weekend.
Friday Night Entertainment:
8:30-11:30 p.m. at McSeagull’s: Johovah Stover and the Holy Mackerels
9 p.m. to 12 a.m. at Mine Oyster: In Too Deep
Saturday, April 26
Sox at 1:30 pm.
- The Old Blues Kats doing classic blues at Hatchet Mountain Publick House 6pm supper, Show starts at 7:30 pm. Call: 207-763-4565 for reservations.
- Opera at The Strand 1pm.
- Rollie’s Comedy Club with Johnny Ater. Tickets are $10 per person. Show starts at 8 p.m., but doors open at 6 p.m. so you can get some dinner & drinks first (because everything is funnier after a few drinks!).
- Boothbay Harbor Fisherman’s Festival this weekend.
8:30-11:30 p.m. McSeagull’s: The Boneheads
9 p.m. to 12 a.m. Mine Oyster: Krewe de Groove with special guest Douglas Gimbel
- The Speakeasy has Chamberlain 8-11 p.m. This is a rock n roll group from Bangor.
- Live Music by Fighting Fiction Duo at Montsweag Roadhouse.
- Mid Life Crisis @ Bowen’s 9pm.
- Phil Clement will be playing at the Whale’s Tooth Pub and Restaurant in Lincolnville on April 26 from 6-9 p.m.
- Color Run 5k in Bangor! 8am
- Food & drink specials at Black Harpoon to celebrate their 1 year anniversary.
- Rock City Café hosts Miner’s Creek playing live music, 5-7 p.m., free.
- DJ at TOP upstairs. No Cover. 21+TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with drink specials & snacks, and then Karaoke at 8 p.m.!
- Trackside Station has a glow dance party with DJ VJ. Wanna glow with me?
- Live music at Myrtle St. Tavern. 21+ $3 The band is Matt & The Barnburners!
- Free Range Music Fest at Three Tides in Belfast. Six bands playing music noon-11p.m.!! This is going to rock!! Cost $10. For the schdule, the lowdown on all the bands playing, etc., go here.
- Swing Dance at High Mountain Hall, April 26 with Midcoast Swing‘s Saturday Swing Series! The dance is open to general. All kinds of swing music. Dance is 7-10 p.m. Admission is $7 and includes a beginner lesson, refreshments & door prizes. Sounds fun! Don’t wear street shoes. FMI: Katie Tranzillo at 203-915-9371
- Åarhus Gallery, Belfast, has a short film with Camden filmmaker Walter Ungerer at 7:30pm, with a Q&A after the show. FMI, 338-0001
- Contradance featuring Sassafras Stomp at the Thomaston Academy gym at 8 pm. Kim Roberts is calling the dance. FMI, 832-5584.
Sunday, April 27
Sox at 7 p.m.
- Drink Specials at Trackside:
- Sunday Night Blues at Time Out Pub. 6-9pm Cost $15 Anthony Gomes will be playing starting at 6 p.m. at T.O.P. Upstairs.
- T.O.P. downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with $5 nachos & $5 Bloody Marys.
- Drink & Draw at The FOG. 7pm. Art materials supplied. Free. Happy Hour prices for drinks and things. Love this.
- $.50 Wings at Rollie’s.
- Sunday Night Salsa, Sundays, 7-8:30 p.m., Studio RED, 143 Rankin St., Rockland. Some lessons to get ya started. Beginners welcome. FMI: 593-7914
- King Eider’s Pub – Bloodys, Mimosas and Music, Music 1-3pm—Steve Jones, Scott Elliot and Paul Mellyn
Maine Music featuring Mellyn, Elliot and Jones from LCTV on Vimeo.
- Belfast Bay Fiddlers do an open jam session every Sunday night at Waterfall Arts Belfast, 6-8pm. Open to all instruments and playing ability at. Anyone can go join to play or just to listen. FMI: 338-4245.
Other neat things:
- Mother’s Day Pampering Contest at Maine Today. Explain why your mom is so rad and she could win one heck of a spa day. Deadline to enter May 7.
- Mother’s Day Photo Contest at Pen Bay Pilot. Send a picture of your mama and she could win $200 in prizes. Get pics in by May 2.
- Women! Sisterhood of Automotive Knowledge May 22nd, 6-8pm at Rockport Automotive. Prizes, snacks, and CAR STUFF.What a great idea! Jan says they’ll have cars in each bay of the garage and in each station we will learn about different things like service engine lights, how to check fluids, tire pressure, etc. Free event but you have to sign up. There are 40 spots and 25 are already taken! Call Jan 236-2431 or email her at email@example.com